Monday, May 27, 2013

Wine Cork Wreath

I tend to keep things, such as wine corks. I must have gotten inspiration off Pinterest or somewhere (this site in particular) to make them into a wreath. My mom gave me a gallon-sized ziploc bag full of corks she'd collected as well, so I decided to give the final product to her for Mother's Day, unless it sucked. I also got a bunch from a restaurant in Santa Rosa when I was there for work. 

The form is a straw craft wreath that i got at Joann's. I recommend not taking the plastic off of it, as it makes quite a mess otherwise. Basically just start hot gluing the corks to the wreath so they touch and fit together. some sections of mine are a bit more orderly than others. I kept some of the nicer corks or ones with red ends for the top accent layer. Instead of a bow, I attached a cluster of fake grapes.


Behind

close-up

No comments: